Friday, June 5, 2020
Beer battered fish is so simple and so tasty.
You will need:
- 1½ cups self-raising flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 x 330ml cold beer
- Place 1½ cups self-raising flour and 1 tsp salt in a bowl, make a well and pour 1 whisked egg into the centre
- Pour in 1 x 330ml cold beer and whisk until a smooth batter forms.
- Dip fresh fish fillets one at a time into some flour, shake off excess then into the batter and cook carefully in hot oil.
- Serve with handmade chips and a squeeze of lemon.