A match made in mexi-heaven!
06 July 2018
Mexican food - simple, delicious with bright, citrusy flavours and a spicy chili hit. Which wine is the perfect match for our Mexi chili? A herbacaus New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc is perfect especially with fresh corriander and a squeeze of lime!
- Fry one diced onion until translucent
- Add 2 crushed garlic cloves, 1 deseeded and chopped red pepper, 1 teaspoon of both paprika and cumin and a teaspoon of chili powder (go heavier if you like it hot!)
- Cook for a 2 to 3 minutes until fragrant
- Add beef mince and brown (tip: don't crowd the pan or it will end up boiling instead of frying)
- Add 1 cup of beef stock (or a stock cube/jelly) and a tin of chopped tomatoes
- Add salt and 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Simmer for 20 minutes, checking every so often and adding a splash of water to not dry the chili out.
- Serve on the side of steamed rice or corn chips with a side of guac and dollop of sour cream
Our Sauvignon Blanc picks for your mexican chilli feast would be...
OYSTER BAY A wine that is crisp, elegant and refreshing
THE KING SERIES* A precise yet powerful wine with explosive flavours of lime, lemongrass and passionfruit.
*Available at select Super Liquor stores.