29 June 2018
This cheese toastie is off the hook! It's maxed out with bacon and mayo and is SCREAMING for a food match of a creamy yet acidic chardonnay.
- Fry off 3 strips of streaky bacon until golden and crispy
- Butter two slices of bread on 1 side.
- Spread the other sides with your favourite mayonnaise, grated cheddar and bacon.
- Close the sandwiches buttered side out and toast in a clean frying pan or griddle over until crisp, about 4 minutes per side.
- Cut the sandwiches in half and serve with your fave drop of chardonnay!
Our perfect chardonnay matches for your cheesy toastie would be...
LAKE CHALICE* Delicate aromas of peach and grapefruit with a touch of spicy oak.
THE KING SERIES BASTARD CHARDONNAY* White fleshed stone fruits and ripe citrus zest lead to the rich, creamy midpalate, with oak derived notes of grilled nuts and baking spice.
*Available at selected Super Liquor stores.